Griffith Veterinary Hospital
Ph (734) 449-7387
Dr. Barbara Griffith: Dr. Griffith graduated from Michigan State University's College of Veterinary Medicine in 1976 and has been a full-time small-animal veterinarian ever since then! After gaining experience by working for other veterinarians in both New Orleans, Louisiana and Redford, Michigan, Dr. Griffith and her partner opened Griffith Veterinary Hospital in Westland, Michigan (which was sold and is now under different ownership, but the name remains Griffith Veterinary Hospital), and then they opened this hospital here in Whitmore Lake in 1986. To say Dr. Griffith is a "workhorse" is an understatement, she lives and breathes veterinary medicine. Fun facts about Dr. Griffith:
1. She graduated at the TOP of her veterinary school class (though she'll never admit it)
2. After shattering her knee cap, she learned the therapeutic quality of swimming and has been an avid swimmer ever-since.
3. She loves being an all-around generalized family veterinarian but ALSO has special interests which include cardiology and dermatology/allergies.
4. She has two daughters, two grandsons, a granddaughter, and 7 grand-pets (and of course, pets of her own)
Dr. Kim Berrie: Dr. Kim Berrie is also a highly respected graduate of MSU's College of Veterinary Medicine and has also been lovingly devoted to small-animal medicine for years! She's a busy mom and pet owner but always takes her time with her beloved patients! We are so blessed to have Dr. Berrie's help here on a part-time basis; you may have met her on a Wednesday in particular. Dr. Berrie is well-appreciated for her congenial bedside manner and her very practical, methodical approach to diagnosing and treating her patients. Amongst many other things, Dr. Berrie enjoys helping clients to work on behavioral aspects of pet ownership and she doesn't shy away from a tough case!
Dr. Sean Hughes: Dr. Hughes went to veterinary school WITH Dr. Griffith, graduating from Michigan State University's College of Veterinary Medicine in 1976. He has worked in several areas of the field, but has really established a niche as a highly skilled surgeon. Because Dr. Griffith really loves the face-to-face client time, Dr. Hughes originally entered the picture as a surgeon here, but has also been a blessing as a relief veterinarian too. Please note, Dr. Hughes is a "contracted" part of the team, meaning that he is not on the "regular" staff, but instead he runs his own business by providing services to various veterinary clinics as needed.
- Alexis: Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT)
- Nicole: Our Lead Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT)